Sundays, 23 and 30 October 2016
“First learn the meaning of what you say, and then speak.” Epictetus
Mindfulness is so much easier when practised alone! Add another person and the challenges multiply significantly. That is why deliberate cultivation of mindful communication is so important.
Mindful communication is intentional. It calls on social and emotional intelligence, engages the whole person, brings together spontaneity with thoughtfulness and is caring. Mindful communication requires awareness of intention to speak and listening with full attention. Mindfulness is developed through practice and enables us to move from reactivity to responsiveness in all areas of life.
Participants can register for Day 1 or both days.
Day 1 – Introduction to Mindful Communication
Day 2 – Deepening Mindful Communication
In this Professional Development program you will:
- develop your mindfulness in interpersonal communication
- increase your awareness of your communication patterns and habits
- better understand your impact on others
- identify hidden fears that can harm communication
- practice a variety of communication processes in a safe and structured environment
- cultivate the capacity to stay grounded and open in the midst of difficult communication
- develop the capacity to stay grounded as you communicate
- develop greater ease in silence
- understand judgemental thought patterns and learn to speak and listen with greater openness and a non-judgemental orientation
- explore the limiting effect of our conditioning and perceptions
- bounce back from difficult communication and not take things so personally
- take time to respect and care for yourself and others
- Day 1 – Sunday, 23 October (9:30 am – 4 pm)
- Day 2 – Sunday, 30 October (9:30 am – 4 pm)
WHERE: Southcare Hall, cnr Pether Rd and Bickley Cres, Manning
- Day 1 – $175
- Day 1 and 2 – $295
(Inclusive of materials, lunch and morning tea)
EARLY BIRD PRICES before 26 September: Day 1 – $155, Day 1 and 2 – $270
FACILITATOR: Kathryn Choules (PhD)
NOTE: These professional development days will include periods of individual, pair and group mindfulness practices. There will also be periods of silence.